At one time or another, we've all battled pests in our yards and gardens, from weeds to insects to plant diseases. In Nevada, many plant problems are caused by things we do that stress plants such as improper watering, pruning, fertilizing, mowing or putting the wrong plant in the wrong place. Pests take advantage of stressed plants. To reduce plant pest problems in the coming growing season, keep plants healthy in the first place.Use these tools to beat plant problems:• Build up your soil. Good soil helps keep plants healthy and pest-resistant.• Plant naturally pest-resistant plants that are adapted to …
JoAnne Skelly: Get ahead of the pests!
- Weather impact: I-580 back open in Washoe Valley; state workers sent home; WNC cancels classes
- Snow keeps falling, numerous crashes reported
- Jason Richard Thrift victim in fatal Gardnerville shooting
- Snow blankets Carson as cold front comes in
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested for allegedly knifing tires