A Carson City job fair is planned, with various employers participating, later this month after a private golf, restaurant and events center operator holds its own separate job fair next week.Silver Oak Golf & Events Center, which is under new management, will seek staff for the Silver Oak Golf Course, the restaurant and bar, as well as banquets and other events. The center is at 1251 Country Club Drive. Terrie McNutt, the new general manager, said her job fair will be 1-4 p.m. Monday and Feb. 12. She said people are needed for work on the golf course, in the pro shop, in the restaurant and bar and for events and banquets, including chefs.Lynn Ellis, workforce case manager for the Carson City Health and Human Services Department, said her department is putting a job fair on in cooperation with Nevada JobConnect and JOIN, Inc., which stands for Job Opportunities in Nevada. Their job fair will be on Feb. 22 at the Carson City Senior Center from 2-4 p.m. on that final Friday in February.Ellis is still pulling together, along with the other two offices, the list of employers but already committed are state and city government, A to Z Staffing, Lowes, Wells Fargo, Country Financial, the Carson Nugget, and Interim HomeStyle Services.Ellis also said employers won’t have to pay a booth fee, so she was encouraging widespread participation.In addition, Ellis holds classes each Wednesday from 2-4 p.m. at Carson City’s Health and Human Services Department, 900 E. Long St., to aid people in seeking employment.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract