Carson City’s Redevelopment Authority Citizens Committee played non-musical chairs with leadership roles and altered a special-events application date during a Monday meeting.Lorraine Bagwell, formerly the panel’s vice chair, was elected to chair the committee. Jed Block, formerly the chairman, was elected as the vice chairman for this year. The committee also voted without dissent to change the submittal date deadline for applications for redevelopment special events, from Feb. 15 to April 15.“In practice, that really hasn’t worked well,” Planning Director Lee Plemel said of the Feb. 15 deadline, adding that it proved a bit early for the process to start because overall city and redevelopment authority budget issues are decided later in the calendar year.The panel also decided on language requiring applicants to include profit and loss, balance sheet and other pertinent financial information, but to exclude a requirement for other financial details such as tax returns.The committee acts in an advisory capacity to the redevelopment authority, which is made up of members of Carson’s Board of Supervisors.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract