A Carson City man already charged with the murder of a 19-year-old Carson City woman was charged with an additional count of attempted murder.Assistant District Attorney Mark Krueger filed the amended criminal complaint in justice court Friday afternoon. The complaint alleges Leonardo Cardoza attempted to kill Steven Castro, Desiree Bragg’s fianc and passenger, during the Jan. 27 incident.Cardoza is in jail on a no-bail hold and was already charged with open murder with a deadly weapon in Bragg’s death. Cardoza allegedly began tailgating Bragg and Castro, from Highway 50 for two miles, following them to her mother’s house where he allegedly drove into her, according to arrest reports. Bragg later died from her injuries.In court, an open murder charge allows the jury to decide, should it find the defendant guilty, whether the murder is premeditated and first degree, or not thought out in advance — qualifying as second degree.HOW TO HELPAn account has been set up to help Desiree Bragg's family with her medical expenses, her funeral costs and raising her son. Donations can be made at any Greater Nevada Credit Union, with the account number 926595 and the routing number 321280143.Donations of size 3 or 4 diapers and Similac Sensitive baby formula can be brought to Dr. Sonderegger’s office at 1000 N. Division St., Suite 104.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City