Gene was born July 16, 1925, in Council Bluffs, Iowa. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School in Council Bluffs, and the University of So. California.He served our great Country in the Navy starting on Nov. 11, 1942, was assigned to the 5th Amphibious Force in the South Pacific where he took part in seven amphibious landings, receiving seven battle stars. He was recalled for the Korean War, receiving an additional two battle stars and the Presidential Unit Citation. He is a life member of the D. A. V. #7, Carson City.He joined the Los Angeles Police Dept. in May of 1948 and retired in 1969 from the Organized Crime & Intelligence Division. After moving to Carson City, Nevada in 1969, he was employed by the Nevada Gaming Control Board until his retirement from the Special Investigations and Intelligence Division 1985. Gene is survived by his wife, Lois Anne of 55 years; two sons, Brian (Theresa) of Rockwall, Texas, Doug (Carrie) of Carson City, Nev.; a daughter, Sharron Lynn Williams (Neal) of Spanish Springs, Nev.; and six grandchildren.The family wishes to thank the wonderful people at Vista Hospice for all their help and kindness, the staff at Carson Nursing Center for their loving care during his stay there, and the wonderful people of Carson City that helped make Carson City the family’s “home”. There will be no services at Gene’s request.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Update: Suspicious package delivered to Carson City Sheriff's Office; substance was gypsum