Marlene Cale, 74, passed away on Jan. 21, 2013 in Spring, Texas. Marlene was born in Furth Bavaria, Germany on March 29, 1938 to Willhelm Hess and Marie Englebrecht Hess. She grew up in Furth Bavaria, Germany where she graduated from Fortbildunge Schule in 1955, and then worked as a secretary before moving to the United States in 1958 from Germany.She married Harvey E. Cale in 1959 in Colorado Springs, Colo., they were married for 43 years. She lived the life of a devoted military wife.Before moving to Spring, Texas she lived in Carson City from 1979 to 2010. Marlene was a member of Soroptimist International of Carson City, Nev. Marlene enjoyed crocheting, knitting, bowling, golf, and entertaining.Marlene was preceded in death by her husband, Harvey E. Cale in 2002.Marlene is survived by her sister, Diana Beaufils (Husband, Dick); daughter, Sheila Solari; sons, Dean Cale (wife, Kellie), and Alan Cale (wife, Jillian); grandchildren, Kayla, Colby, Casey, Nick, Jake, Zach; and her great grandchild, Emma.In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donation be made to Soroptimist International of Carson City or the Humane Society.Marlene will be missed by family & friends.
- Navy must act quickly against personnel who defy oath
- Carson City Marine honored with Veteran of the Month
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder
- Mound House growing again after recession