A non-Halloween costume party and sing-along fundraiser is set Sunday as Wild Horse Productions presents Sing-A-Long “Wizard of Oz” at Carson City’s Galaxy Fandango Theater complex.Billed as a new and interactive theatrical film experience, the show combines audience participation with the beloved 1939 film featuring Dorothy and her trip to the land of Oz.Young and old alike are encouraged to dress up as their favorite Wizard of Oz characters and there will be an Oz costume contest at 6 p.m. The event starts at 5:30 p.m. with a yellow brick road planned to lead people into the theater. Screening of the classic film is at 6:45 p.m.Tickets for the Wild Horse fund-raising event are $15 for the general public, $12 for Wild Horse members, $10 for children 12 or under, and a special “family pac” admission for $40 will accommodate two adults and two children.Wild Horse urges people to click their heels three times and purchase tickets on the theater company’s website at www.wildhorsetheater.com or by calling “The Wizard” at 775-887-0438.Wild Horse Productions has an adult and children’s division in Carson City that does live theater performances and instruction.
- Timothy (Tim) Lee Jennings
- Street Vibrations at Battle Born Harley-Davidson (VIDEO)
- Carson City boxing program brings benefits to those with Parkinson's disease clients (video)
- Vintage at Kings Canyon comes before Planning Commission Thursday
- Senator Square: Carson High School celebrates homecoming week