A convicted Nevada sex offender who was in Florida facing other charges has escaped while being transported back to Nevada.Alberto Morales, 41, escaped during a stop in Texas on Monday evening. One Florida officer was seriously injured in the escape.Morales was convicted in Clark County in 2008 for two sexual assaults and use of a deadly weapon, and was transferred to Florida authorities in September of that year to face trial on outstanding charges there.Morales was being brought back to this state to serve his Nevada sentence of life with the possibility of parole. He was reportedly giving the officers transporting him trouble during the trip, prompting them to take him off an airplane and drive him the rest of the way. He caused more trouble during the drive and ultimately escaped.
- Obama promises no apology to Japan
- Carson High School Culinary Arts teacher Penny Reynolds calls it a wrap
- Carson City Planning Commission to take up growth management; medical marijuana; Little Lane development
- Downtown Carson City businesses plan big changes
- Downtown Carson City October paving schedule changed