He was born to the late Edward and Reika Green on January 3, 1921 in Corwith, Iowa. Bob, as he was known by many, met his beloved wife of 70 years, Glennis Viola Oxley and then had their only son, Robert James Green while serving courageously in the Army Corp of Engineers during World War II. After returning home from the war, he used his God-given skills and work ethic to build his own successful company in manufacturing from which he retired at the age of 79. He loved to take his family fishing in Alaska and had a daily routine of feeding the myriad of animals that came to his doorstep especially the squirrels! He was a devoted grandfather to Leland James Green and Camille Lauren Martin. He was very proud of his only son and lived a wonderful life getting to know and spend time with his 7 great-grandchildren. He will be remembered for his incredible love and devotion to his wife, his hard-working, yet humorous spirit, and his generosity that was a blessing to all who knew him.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract