With both of her parents unemployed, Nicole Bertholf's childhood was marked by poverty. “We had no money; we were living in the projects,” she said.
- San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick confident heading into season
- Cell phone or gun? Officers make split second decisions on whether to shoot suspects
- Wreck closes southbound Highway 395 at Mica Drive
- Dayton man killed in Mono bicycle crash
- Autism breakthrough: Carson City man develops live animation program to help children with autism