Nevada lawmakers began drilling into the details Friday of a new funding formula for higher education that will send more money to campuses in southern Nevada at the expense of the northern and rural areas.Gov. Brian Sandoval has proposed $472 million a year for the Nevada System of Higher Education, the same as existing spending levels. But how that money is divvied up is creating angst among institutions that will lose money, especially community colleges.The governor’s recommendation is about $210 million a year less than funding approved by lawmakers in 2009 before the recession.Under a plan approved by the Board …
Higher education funding formula under microscope
- Trace Adkins' life an open book with 'A Personal Stand'
- Sportsman’s Warehouse official announces Carson City store
- Douglas County judge involved in fatal crash; investigation is ongoing
- Sportsman’s Warehouse opening at Carson Mall likely is set for spring
- Obituary: Robert (Bob) Noble Stutsman “Bear Claws”