Rep. Mark Amodei, R-Nev., has been named assistant whip for the House Republican Conference.As a member of leadership, he will work with the majority whip, Kevin McCarthy, on floor initiatives and pending legislation.Amodei’s knowledge of Western states’ issues make him a welcome addition to the leadership team, McCarthy said.“Building consensus and actually delivering solutions is part of the job I always like,” Amodei said.Amodei also announced the addition of four people to his office team. They are Sarah Rogers as scheduler, Anna Lake as legislative counsel, legislative correspondent Stephanie Walker and staff assistant Matthew Gaske.Finally, he said his Reno office will move from the Thompson Courthouse to the NevDex Office Park at 5310 Kietzke Lane. The security requirements at the federal courthouse have been an issue for some of his constituents, and the new office is more accessible, he said.
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Capital City Arts Initiative hosting artist Zoe Bray Wednesday in Carson City
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Report: Harley-Davidson to re-open