Carson City Library will launch a week-long grand opening celebration of its new digital technology center, @Two, beginning Tuesday.The center, on the second floor of the library annex above the current youth department has been introduced to computer-using patrons during the last several weeks.The @Two Digital Learning Center programs are designed to help bridge the digital divide, by supporting basic digital literacy and promoting further development of skills.Patrons in good-standing who wish to access @ Two with a Premier Library Card will need to visit the library card desk. Qualifying patrons — who are free of fees, overdue or late items, and sign the Carson City Library Premier Card Agreement and have a valid photo ID — will have access to the advanced technology.Special programs throughout the week-long celebration include daily G-Mail clinics from 10 a.m.-noon; Picture This, a chance to have your picture taken, zombified, and emailed back to you; and basic computer classes will be offered daily.Other programs include “Open App” on 2-5 p.m. Friday in the library auditorium. A computer and projector will be available to demonstrate a wide variety of apps. On Saturday, iMovie will be offered at 11 a.m., and is limited to nine students. Bring five to nine favorite holiday pictures from last year and learn how to make a holiday scrapbook for next year. Learn how to put your iMovie on YouTube during a 1 p.m. class Saturday.The ribbon-cutting ceremony for @Two will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City