RENO (AP) — A research center at the University of Nevada, Reno, is helping turn theory into practice when it comes to finding gold in the state with more of it than any in the nation.China and Australia are the only places in the world that produced more gold than Nevada last year. And with prices soaring past $1,600 an ounce, demand for new supplies is greater than ever.Finding it is one of the chief missions of the Ralph Roberts Center for Research in Economic Geology at UNR’s Mackay School of Earth Sciences and Engineering.Tim Crowley, president of the Nevada …
UNR center is training future gold explorers
- Trace Adkins' life an open book with 'A Personal Stand'
- Sportsman’s Warehouse official announces Carson City store
- Sportsman’s Warehouse opening at Carson Mall likely is set for spring
- Obituary: Robert (Bob) Noble Stutsman “Bear Claws”
- Douglas County judge involved in fatal crash; investigation is ongoing