Kent Steele, a roadway scoping engineer with the Nevada Department of Transportation, was chosen Thursday for a seat on the Carson City Planning Commission.The Carson City Board of Supervisors selected Steele from among six applicants who appeared for questions and discussion before the decision. Seven had applied, but one applicant failed to appear.“These are the toughest decisions we have to make up here,” said Mayor Robert Crowell. He thanked all the applicants vying for the volunteer advisory commission.Also, the board chose Danielle Cook from among three applicants for the Carson City Cultural Commission.Cook created and administers a Facebook page with information on local events, is a vendor at the Curry Street Farmer’s Market and was a member of Friends of the Nevada State Museum.In addition, four members were named to the Charter Review Commission. The mayor named Bruce Robertson; Supervisor Brad Bonkowski named Michael Matuska; Supervisor Jim Shirk named Keith Shaffer; and Assemblyman Pete Livermore named Donna DePauw.
- Timothy (Tim) Lee Jennings
- Street Vibrations at Battle Born Harley-Davidson (VIDEO)
- Carson City boxing program brings benefits to those with Parkinson's disease clients (video)
- Vintage at Kings Canyon comes before Planning Commission Thursday
- Senator Square: Carson High School celebrates homecoming week