Adam Jensen
ajensen@tahoedailytribune.com

Back to: News
February 23, 2013
Follow News

Below-average precipitation is most likely through May

If you're gambling on the weather, snow looks like the underdog.

Much of the western U.S., including the Lake Tahoe Region, is most likely to have below normal precipitation for the next three months, according to updated outlook maps released by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Thursday.

Lake Tahoe is included in a darkly shaded region centered around the San Francisco Bay Area forecasters have determined has a 50 percent chance of having below normal precipitation from March through May. The same region has a 33.33 percent chance of experiencing average precipitation and a 16.67 percent chance of having …

Explore Related Articles

Trending in: News

The Nevada Appeal Updated Feb 23, 2013 04:20AM Published Feb 23, 2013 04:19AM Copyright 2013 The Nevada Appeal. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.