Carson Tahoe Health announced Thursday the arrival of a prostate diagnostic MRI imaging and MRI-guided biopsy capability.An MRI imaging prostate examination for a patient would be scheduled and done first, the health provider said. Once it is read, a radiologist will determine if an MRI-guided biopsy is necessary.“High quality imaging can now be done without the use of a rectal coil, obviously resulting in better patient acceptance,” Carson Tahoe Health said in a news release.The health care firm said the MRI-guided biopsy system has been shown to be a more sensitive technique in diagnosis of clinically-significant prostate cancer.MRI prostates are performed at Sierra Surgery Hospital and Ultrasound-guided biopsies are performed at Great Basin Imaging. For more information call 775-445-5500. Tahoe Carson Radiology, the physician practice that specializes in MRI procedures, can be reached at 775-283-3025.
- Nevada caucuses: Relevance magnified by New Hampshire primary results
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Carson finishes perfect league season