A Carson City man who allegedly ran from deputies while carrying an ax was arrested on suspicion of home invasion and trespassing Thursday morning.Ryan Williams, 25, allegedly walked into a garage in the 500 block of Pioche Street after deputies yelled for him to stop, dropped the backpack and suitcase he was carrying and went into the house through the door in the garage.The resident opened the door and Williams, with ax in hand, forced his way into the house and exited out a sliding door. He attempted to climb over a south fence, ran back toward the sliding door, saw a deputy and then ran north and jumped over that fence, according to the sheriff’s report.A sergeant was able to locate him near Bonnyview Drive and apprehended him. Williams was being held on $65,000 bail.Deputies originally pursued Williams because he was wanted on a $40,000 contempt-of-court warrant.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City