The Carson City Elks Lodge No. 2177 distributed $2,000 in grant money to support programs including Carson High School’s Greenhouse Project and culinary arts program, the Carson City Veteran’s Meals-On-Wheels program, and the Northern Nevada Veterans’ Guest House.The Greenhouse Project is located at Carson High School. Students cultivate and distribute vegetables for culinary classes and food bands, and produce flower baskets for the downtown Carson City corridor. The Veterans’ Meals-On-Wheels program serves more than 150 meals a day to seniors and veterans in Carson City. The Meals-On-Wheels program provides help, autonomy and security for Carson City seniors, their families, and caregivers. The Meals-On-Wheels program is available on both a short-term (for people recovering from surgery and other temporary problems) and continuing basis (for those with chronic, disabling and medical conditions). For more information on the Meals-On-Wheels program, call the Carson City Senior Center at 775-883-0703.The mission of the Veterans Guest House is to provide U.S. veterans and their families with caring support during times of medical need. Carson City Elks Lodge No. 2177 distributed Nevada State Elks Association grant funds totaling $2,000 to local community projects.For more information on the Carson City Elks Lodge No. 2177, call 775-882-2177.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Update: Suspicious package delivered to Carson City Sheriff's Office; substance was gypsum