The man who pulled the trigger on buying the old Citibank property in downtown Carson City said it’s in terrible shape, and it could take at least a year to put it in marketable condition.Despite that assessment of Steve Neighbors — he manages the Hop and Mae Adams Foundation, which made the $900,000 purchase — Mayor Robert Crowell and others embraced the news.“The acquisition of that building will be a great help in enhancing our downtown,” Crowell said. “It will be another empty building filled.”“Is that a plus?” Supervisor Karen Abowd asked rhetorically. “Absolutely, because they won’t sit on it.”She …
Old Citibank property purchase had Neighbors sweating over ‘tight’ deal
- Trace Adkins' life an open book with 'A Personal Stand'
- Sportsman’s Warehouse official announces Carson City store
- Douglas County judge involved in fatal crash; investigation is ongoing
- Obituary: Robert (Bob) Noble Stutsman “Bear Claws”
- Sportsman’s Warehouse opening at Carson Mall likely is set for spring