130 years agoBilly Nye of the Boomerang is still very sick. The Appeal suggests that next Friday be set apart as a day on which newspaper men may pray for Nye who is too good a man to be molested by the Destroyer. We ought to be able to pull him through as the Good Book says, “The prayers of the righteous availeth much.”100 years agoThe next big bill that is to be considered by Sullivan providing for the loaning of idle funds in the state treasury to the state banks.70 years agoAssemblyman Peter A. Burke of Washoe county this forenoon gave the assembly notice that on a day in the near future he would introduce a bill to repeal Nevada’s primary election law.50 years agoThe state senate today gave approval in principle to creating three super agencies proposed by Gov. Grant Sawyer in his plan to reorganize government.20 years agoU.S. Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt has told Gov. Bob Miller that he has not taken a position favoring Indian gaming.10 years agoTwo Las Vegas Democrats follow Assemblyman Ron Knect, R-Carson City’s, lead to rename the state “East California” and making the state song “Taxman” and state animal the “RINO” — Republicans In Name Only by requiring all legislators to put their names on all requests for legislation.• Trent Dolan is the son of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Snowshoe Tahoe: Get away from the crowds and embrace Mother Nature