A Lyon County deputy shot a man in Stagecoach after the deputy responded to a report of a woman with a gunshot wound to her upper chest about 10 p.m. Thursday.After securing the woman and calling for assistance, deputies approached the residence, in the 5000 block of Desert Lane.According to the Lyon County Sheriff's Office, a man wielding a rifle confronted the deputies and, after ignoring repeated commands to drop the weapon, raised it at the deputies. After one of the deputies shot the man, the man was taken to the Renown Medical Center in Reno, where he remained in intensive care Friday night.The case is being investigated by the Nevada Division of Investigations Major Crimes Unit and the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigation Section.The woman, whose name has not been released, was still in the hospital Friday night, Lyon County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Bryan Veil said. Her injuries were not life-threatening, he said.The deputy was not injured and was placed on administrative leave, standard protocol for an officer involved in a shooting.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract