A Lyon County deputy shot a man in Stagecoach after the deputy responded to a report of a woman with a gunshot wound to her upper chest about 10 p.m. Thursday.After securing the woman and calling for assistance, deputies approached the residence, in the 5000 block of Desert Lane.According to the Lyon County Sheriff's Office, a man wielding a rifle confronted the deputies and, after ignoring repeated commands to drop the weapon, raised it at the deputies. After one of the deputies shot the man, the man was taken to the Renown Medical Center in Reno, where he remained in intensive care Friday night.The case is being investigated by the Nevada Division of Investigations Major Crimes Unit and the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigation Section.The woman, whose name has not been released, was still in the hospital Friday night, Lyon County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Bryan Veil said. Her injuries were not life-threatening, he said.The deputy was not injured and was placed on administrative leave, standard protocol for an officer involved in a shooting.
- Candidates for Carson City mayor discuss their vision for city
- Fallon man pleads guilty in wildlife occupation
- Assembly District 40 Republicans tackle education, taxes at debate
- Carson City Sheriff's Office seeking burglary suspects Cody Rogers-Shaw and Matthew Marizza
- Carson City Black Bear Diner opens Wednesday