A Lyon County deputy shot a man in Stagecoach after the deputy responded to a report of a woman with a gunshot wound to her upper chest about 10 p.m. Thursday.After securing the woman and calling for assistance, deputies approached the residence, in the 5000 block of Desert Lane.According to the Lyon County Sheriff's Office, a man wielding a rifle confronted the deputies and, after ignoring repeated commands to drop the weapon, raised it at the deputies. After one of the deputies shot the man, the man was taken to the Renown Medical Center in Reno, where he remained in intensive care Friday night.The case is being investigated by the Nevada Division of Investigations Major Crimes Unit and the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigation Section.The woman, whose name has not been released, was still in the hospital Friday night, Lyon County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Bryan Veil said. Her injuries were not life-threatening, he said.The deputy was not injured and was placed on administrative leave, standard protocol for an officer involved in a shooting.
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to look at RV parking ordinance
- Tree planting begins as downtown Carson City work hits homestretch
- Carson City Freeway project crosses halfway point
- Abel Carter's 6 TDs lead Carson football to season-opening win over Desert Mountain
- State: No money for Tahoe-Carson bus route