A program manager with JOIN Inc. and a work force case manager with Carson City Health and Human Services will continue to offer free training this month to people seeking jobs and the skills to get them. Joe Locurto of JOIN, or Job Opportunities in Nevada, is slated to teach four free classes on employment preparation from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 19-22 at the Salvation Army Community Center, 661 Colorado St. The first day’s class will cover life skills and job searching; the subsequent ones cover applying marketing principles when selling abilities, resume building and interview skills.Lynn Ellis, the city HHS case worker, offers her classes on workforce strategies from 2-4 p.m. Wednesdays in March at HHS offices, 900 E. Long St. She also takes on individual clients for more intensive training. People must request such help, which is available from 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-2:30 p.m. weekdays.Ellis’s classes cover interview skills on Wednesday; handling a second interview and when to talk money March 13; job-search resources and current opportunities March 20; and the 50 most frequently asked interview questions March 27.
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to look at RV parking ordinance
- Abel Carter's 6 TDs lead Carson football to season-opening win over Desert Mountain
- Carson notebook: NFL MVP Warner teaches Senators to overcome adversity
- Tree planting begins as downtown Carson City work hits homestretch
- Senator Square: Carson High School students, teachers helping out