The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is seeking the public's help in locating a runaway juvenile who has been missing for approximately one week.On Feb.23, 16 year-old Geolyn Balleza ran away from her parent's home in Minden. Balleza is believed to have run away and is somewhere between Douglas County and the Reno/Sparks area. Balleza is described as a white /Pacific Islander female, 5 feet-5 inches tall, 170 pounds, heavy build, brown eyes, long straight brown & blond hair, and a tattoo “Sante” lower back.Douglas County Secret Witness is offering a reward for information leading to the location and successful recovery of Geolyn. Callers may remain anonymous.Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Geolyn is urged to call DCSO Investigator John Preston at 775-782-9909 or Douglas County Secret Witness at: 775-78-CRIME (775-782-7463).
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract