The names man and woman involved in a shooting March 28 in Stagecoach have been released.Joseph Robustelli, 70, was shot by a deputy in the 5000 block of Desert Lane in Stagecoach when, according to the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office, he confronted the deputies while carrying a rifle. According to law enforcement, after he ignored repeated commands to drop the weapon, he raised it at the deputies, at which point one of the deputies shot him.Lyon County deputies originally responded to a report of a woman, Sherry Robustelli, 66, with a gunshot wound to her upper chest about 10 p.m. After calling for assistance, deputies approached the residence. Robustelli then confronted them, according to the Sheriff’s Office.Sherry Robustelli is in stable condition at the Renown Medical Center in Reno, and Joseph Robustelli is in the intensive care unit there.The case is being investigated by the Nevada Division of Investigations Major Crimes Unit and the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigation Section.The deputy was not injured and was placed on administrative leave, standard protocol for an officer involved in a shooting.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Tesla Motors / Panasonic seeking 'trained Nevadans' Storey County comptroller says
- Update: Suspicious package delivered to Carson City Sheriff's Office; substance was gypsum