The Carson City jail is seeking donated paperback books for inmates.The jail is down to 150 books, Sgt. Daniel Gonzales said. It’s especially seeking educational books, Bibles and Alcoholics Anonymous-related paperbacks.All books in English and Spanish are welcome, Gonzales said, as long as they do not have writing in them. As inmates rip out pages or write in books, the books have to be removed from circulation at the prison, he said.Books can be brought between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to the Carson City Sheriff’s Office, 911 E. Musser St.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Rusler catches on at William Penn