RSVP Carson City volunteers will distribute free USDA Commodity Foods on Friday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St., from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. No one will be admitted before 9 a.m.Carson City families only may be eligible by signing the “Issuance Sheet” at the Community Center certifying that their household’s annual income does not exceed federal poverty guidelines which are monthly gross income of $1,396.25 for a single and $1,891.25 for a couple. For each additional household member add $495. Proof of Carson City residency is required. A picture ID/driver license must be provided. Food may be picked-up for the homebound or those unable to attend by bringing a signed note from them and their picture ID. RSVP and the State Commodity Food Program order all food that is available. Persons declaring overly large families for commodities will be asked for proof of family members. This month’s commodity foods include: great northern beans, cranberry sauce, ham, orange juice, cling peaches, pork patty, spaghetti and tomato soup. RSVP and the USDA Commodity Foods Program are both equal opportunity employers. If you have any questions please call the State of Nevada Food Distribution Program at 775-688-2828 or the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) at 775-687-4680, ext. 0.
- Former players, coaches react to end of Western Nevada College baseball
- Closed private road near Carson City's Mexican Dam raises questions
- Fallen Carson City Deputy Carl Howell added to Nevada Police Officers Memorial
- Senate approves amendment to deal with western drought
- What they're saying about the end of WNC athletics