The Golden West Winds presents “Music for a Summer Day” Saturday, Aug. 16 in the backyard of the Governor’s Mansion, 606 North Mountain Street Carson City, at 6:30 p.m. The concert is free and is presented as a community service by Carson City Chamber and the Elks and Emblem Club of Carson City as part of the 2014 Jazz & Beyond Carson City music Festival. For more infomration visit www.bandofthegoldenwest.af.mil or call 775-847-0443.
- The Popcorn Stand: Leave wild horses alone
- Orphaned Tahoe bear cubs flourish at Reno rescue
- Carson City 11s strike out Truckee for win
- Carson City group working to keep Andersen Ranch undeveloped
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested for defecating in public; another man arrested on felony robbery charges