The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• Gary Edelstein of Carson City was arrested at 9:40 a.m. on suspicion of possessing a stolen vehicle after not making rental car payments. Bail was set at $25,000 on the felony count.
• At 8:40 p.m. a 23-year-old Dayton man was arrested after a traffic stop when a drug dog found a glass pipe containing marijuana residue. Bail was set at $1,500 after a contempt of court warrant was discovered.
• At 10:09 p.m., Jennifer Hedgecock, 27, was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of heroin charges and DUI drugs after deputies found her injured and stumbling outside the Maverick Gas Station on College Parkway. She was booked and held in lieu of $3,500 bail.
• Jon Dietmeier, 47, of Carson City was charged with multiple felony and misdemeanor counts after his vehicle was stopped at 10:48 p.m. because the license plates didn’t match the vehicle. He was unable to provide insurance and other registration materials for the vehicle. During an inventory of the vehicle, deputies found a double bladed knife, a marijuana pipe, a small amount of marijuana, a small amount of methamphetamine, two open beer bottles and a .45-caliber handgun. He was arrested on suspicion of two felonies: possession of meth and possession of a gun by a restricted person. He was charged with gross misdemeanor possession of a dangerous weapon and four misdemeanors: possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, no proof of insurance and open container. Bail was listed at $2,500.
• A 22-year-old Reno man was arrested on suspicion of with disorderly conduct at 7:50 a.m. after residents of a Fairmont Way home reported an unknown person sleeping on the couch. He told deputies he didn’t know why he went into the house or how he got in. Bail was set at $150.
• At 8 a.m., deputies jailed a Carson City 55-year-old on a Placer County, Calif., warrant charging him as a fugitive from justice in a robbery case. Bail was set at $5 million.
• At 11:22 a.m., deputies arrested Michael Hopper, 37, on suspicion of battery at a Carson River Road campground. He was also charged with felony possession of meth and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $6,500.
• At 6:36 p.m., Olivia McNally, 23, a transient, was arrested on five counts after a traffic stop at North Edmonds and Fairview. She was arrested on suspicion of possession of meth and Xanex without a prescription, both felonies. She was also charged with driving on a suspended license, with an obstructed, broken windshield and failing to use turn signals. Total bail was set at $5,550.
• A Carson City couple was charged with three felony counts apiece after deputies say an undercover informant purchased two grams of heroin from them. The alleged transaction took place at the parking lot of the North Carson Starbucks at 10:18 p.m. Investigators found six more grams of heroin in the car. Kevin Shaw, and Sarah Nicholson-Jones, both 35, were each charged with conspiracy to traffic drugs, sale of a schedule 1 drug, heroin, and drug trafficking, all felonies. Total bail was set at $50,000 apiece.
• At 1:29 a.m., deputies arrested a 34-year-old Carson woman on suspicion of DUI 1st after a traffic stop on College Parkway west of Airport Road. She was also charged with speeding and failure to use a turn signal. Bail was set at $1,070.
• At 5:08 a.m., Austin Hunsaker, 26, of Carson City was arrested following a traffic stop because he allegedly was driving without headlights at North Curry and 3rd streets. He was charged with DUI 2nd offense, driving without a valid license, without headlights and failure to appear on a traffic warrant. Bail was set at $3,025 on the new charges and $22,500 on a failure to appear warrant issued by Washoe County.
• A 36-year-old Gardnerville woman was charged with disorderly conduct at Carson Tahoe Hospital. When deputies arrived at 5:23 a.m., she was lying on the floor of the hospital room yelling obscenities. Staff said she became violent when staff approached her. Bail was set at $150.
• Jimmy Dewayne Dixon, 63, was arrested on suspicion of failing to register as a sex offender at 1:50 p.m. following a traffic stop at Fairview Drive and South Carson Street. He was also charged with driving on a suspended registration. Bail was set at $5,050.
• Carla Anderson, 43, of Carson City was charged with domestic battery after a witness told deputies he watched her hit her husband Jeremy on the head and threw a bowl at him. Neither was willing to provide deputies with statements. She was jailed in lieu of $3,000 bail.