Author Novella Carpenter, center, tours the Greenhouse Project, in Carson City, Nev., on Friday, July 18, 2014. From left are, Carson City Library Deputy Director Tammy Westergard, Greenhouse Project founder Karen Abowd, Carson High graduate Marielle Samii and garden educator Camille Jones. Carpenter, author of the New York Times Bestseller “Farm City,” will speak at the Carson City Library Summer Reading Program for adults event at the Farmer’s Market Saturday at 11 a.m. Tickets are available at the door or online at www.CarsonCityLibrary.org.
- Groups rally against push to control federal land
- Western Nevada News & Notes: Carson City’s WNC’s ‘Career Connect’ helps students with disabilities
- Navy Reserve celebrates 100 years of service today
- Nevada Legislature: GOP rift continues over bond rollover, prevailing wage bill
- Ten escape Yerington’s Rite of Passage Silver State Academy during riot, fire