A 500 pound male bear was released near Spooner Summit on Friday after being tranquilized and trapped near a campground in Zephyr Cove. It was the first time this large male had been captured, according to NDOW biologist Carl Lackey.
- Highway 50 crash at Sheckler injures 2 drivers
- Northern Nevada Correctional Center inmates helping grow sagebrush to restore grouse habitat
- Fallon man receives maximum sentence for I-80 crash
- Proposed Carson City development to be scaled back
- Carson City Assemblyman P.K. O'Neill doesn't attend GOP meeting to defend tax vote