CASA of Carson City will hold an Information Hour Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 5:30 p.m, at the CASA of Carson City office, 1539 East 5th Street. CASA volunteers are appointed by the Carson City Juvenile Court to serve as guardian ad litem for a case of abused or neglected children in a child welfare court case. Being a CASA volunteer requires patience, caring, research, writing, speaking and follow-through. A background check, references, application, interview and 30 hours of training are required. CASA volunteers make a difference for vulnerable children. For more information see www.casaofcc.org or call 882-6776. Come and learn more about becoming a CASA volunteer!
- Carson City man arrested on felony vehicle-embezzlement count
- Kevin Mcintire of Dayton dies after Saturday motorcycle accident near Virginia City
- Nevada Legislature: Bill to cut PERS clears Nevada Senate
- Carson City fire department battles house fire, saves boy
- They became running mates in Carson City