CASA of Carson City will hold an Information Hour Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 5:30 p.m, at the CASA of Carson City office, 1539 East 5th Street. CASA volunteers are appointed by the Carson City Juvenile Court to serve as guardian ad litem for a case of abused or neglected children in a child welfare court case. Being a CASA volunteer requires patience, caring, research, writing, speaking and follow-through. A background check, references, application, interview and 30 hours of training are required. CASA volunteers make a difference for vulnerable children. For more information see www.casaofcc.org or call 882-6776. Come and learn more about becoming a CASA volunteer!
- Aladdin Jr. takes flight in Carson City
- Extreme Motor Officer Training event held at Carson City's Mills Park
- Mound House company fires back against waste dumping charges
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested after stabbing another man during a fight
- Western Nevada College's partnership with Panasonic creates job opportunities for students