CASA of Carson City will hold an Information Hour Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 5:30 p.m, at the CASA of Carson City office, 1539 East 5th Street. CASA volunteers are appointed by the Carson City Juvenile Court to serve as guardian ad litem for a case of abused or neglected children in a child welfare court case. Being a CASA volunteer requires patience, caring, research, writing, speaking and follow-through. A background check, references, application, interview and 30 hours of training are required. CASA volunteers make a difference for vulnerable children. For more information see www.casaofcc.org or call 882-6776. Come and learn more about becoming a CASA volunteer!
- Reaction to Sen. Harry Reid's retirement announcement
- UPDATE: Union Pacific begins to remove cars from train derailment
- Faith & Insight: Exposing evolution's fatal flaws
- Harry Reid universally praised for his efforts to protect, support Nevada needs
- Residents give opinions on Carson City's strategic plan