United Blood Services of Reno is in urgent need of type O blood donors. United Blood Services is reaching out to all type O donors for a blood donation since its inventories of type O is low and it needs to build the inventories going into Labor Day weekend. Type O positive blood is the most common type of blood, so it’s needed most often by patients (37 percent of the population has this blood type). Type O negative is the universal blood type, meaning it can be used by patients of all other blood types and is most often used in emergency situations and premature babies. If your blood type is O, United Blood Services encourages you to schedule an appointment to donate at one of the three Community Donation Centers in Reno at 1125 Terminal Way, Carson City at 256 East Winnie Lane, and Sparks at 4670 Sparks Boulevard or visit one of its conveniently located blood drives by calling 800-696-4484 or online at www.BloodHero.com.
- Dayton High grad details Oregon campus shooting
- Carson City man, 48, dies in hunting accident in Elko County
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Pair arrested on suspicion of drug charges
- Silver Springs resident Nancy Bea Hefley to retire as Los Angeles Dodgers organist after season
- Nevada Day Treasure Hunt Clue 1