Almost 300 backpacks were filled with school supplies and hygiene items on Thursday at the Navy recruiting station for Carson City students. The backpacks will go to all schools in the Carson City School District as well as Capital City Circles and Child Protective Services. Soroptimist International of Carson City and Platinum Plus Salon & Spa sponsor the annual fundraiser.
- Future of downtown Carson Street tackled by Chamber group
- USA Parkway won’t delay Carson bypass
- Lake Tahoe fire cameras track some from King FIre in El Dorado County
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Woman, arrested for ‘shirting’ the law, only wearing T-shirt
- Truck firm could pay $5.5M+ in Amtrak crash near Fallon