22nd annual Reno Artisan Show welcoming Carson City artists Nov. 4-5
November 2, 2016
Thirty artists from Northern Nevada, including Carson City, Reno and Sparks, will be featured at the 22nd annual Reno Artisan Show and Sale Nov. 4-5 at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 780 Del Monte Lane, Reno.
"Every year we invite some of the best artists in Northern Nevada to exhibit at our show," said chairperson Julie Sulahria. "It's always held on the first weekend in November as an opportunity to purchase creative, original holiday gifts. But this year, the show happens to start four days before the election, so we're calling it our refuge from politics, a campaign-free zone."
The work on display will include jewelry, basketry, watercolors, photography, pottery, stained glass, mosaics, paper products, unique art dolls, scarves, wood turning, textiles, candles and more.
Hours for the free art show will be 2 to 8 p.m. Nov. 4 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 5. Wine and appetizers will be served at the opening reception from 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 4.
A raffle drawing will be held both days and the winner will not need to be present. MasterCard and Visa will be accepted for all purchases.
Admission is free and 25 pieces of original art will be given away. For more information, call 775-851-7100.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake