Annual Walk in Memory, Walk for Hope planned in Dayton
September 5, 2017
More than a dozen communities throughout Nevada are participating in the annual Walk in Memory, Walk for Hope event on Saturday.
The goal of the event is to increase suicide awareness and remember those who have been lost to suicide.
At Healthy Communities Coalition's Dayton headquarters, 209 Dayton Valley Road, the event will kick off at 10 a.m. with a keynote speaker who will describe some of the region's suicide prevention resources. Printed material about area resources and groups will be available at the event.
The short talk will be followed by a community walk through Dayton near the schools. Walkers will receive T-shirts, resource bags, and other items.
For registration forms and information about other community walks in Nevada, go to the Nevada Coalition for Suicide Prevention website: https://nvsuicideprevention.org/event/11th-annual-walk-in-memory-walk-for-hope/.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Carson City receives an inch of rain overnight