Annual Western Nevada College gem and mineral sale to return Friday
April 26, 2017
Help Western Nevada College Geology Cub raise funds while adding a few gems to your rock collection on Friday.
The public can start or grow its own collection by attending the Geology Club's second annual free Gem and Mineral Sale that runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Bristlecone Building lobby in Carson City.
Dr. Winnie Kortemeier, WNC Geology professor and Geology Club adviser, said that the sale will include rocks from all over the world.
Kortemeier also said the sale is important to the club to help fund field trips, as well as other events it has planned throughout the remainder of the year.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake