Carson City Mile High Jazz Band performing April 12 at Comma Coffee
April 7, 2016
For 15 years, Mile High Jazz Band has been playing at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St., on the second Tuesday of every month. To mark the milestone, the band is holding a celebration at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 12 at Comma Coffee.
Hear sensational big-band music with vocalist Cindee LeVal, and enjoy anniversary cake at intermission. General admission is $5 at the door; the performance is free for ages 18 and under.
The Mile High Jazz Band includes trumpets, trombones, saxophones, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, and singers. It will play about 20 tunes from their ever-expanding repertoire of selections in the style of Basie, Ellington, and more contemporary composers and arrangers.
The performance is supported, in part, with public funding through the Nevada Arts Council, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
For information about the Mile High Jazz Band, call 775-883-4154, or go to MileHighJazz.com. For information about other live music at Comma Coffee, call June Joplin at 775-883-2662.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’ | Woman donates to Carson City Sheriff’s Office after they help her find missing wallet
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel