Carson Mall seeks volunteers for hot-dog-eating contest
June 19, 2017
The Carson Mall is hosting a hot-dog-eating contest from 1 to 4 p.m. July 4, and volunteer grillers are needed to help make it happen.
The two-round elimination contest offers four categories — kids, teens, men and women. Entry costs $2.50; anyone under 18 must have a parent's authorization. The hot dogs will be provided courtesy of Butler Gourmet Meats.
Volunteers also are needed to help judge the contest. Anyone 16 and older can volunteer.
The event also will include music and a watermelon-eating competition. Prizes will be awarded.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- ‘All I could do was gasp for air’ – Tahoe woman tells of near drowning in Truckee
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- It’s going to be another Big, Bad weekend in Carson City
- Robert Freeman wins 50-miler at Carson City Off-Road; Lance Armstrong 4th
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office