Carson Valley Arts Council seeks art reflecting Nevada wind
April 16, 2015
"Something in the Wind," a two-day festival celebrating Nevada's famous wind, will offer an artisan marketplace, kite-making and flying demonstrations, music and more from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 16 and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 17 at Dangberg Home Ranch in Minden.
The juried marketplace will feature a wide variety of artists showing and selling their work. Emphasis will be on wind related arts, such as mobiles, kites, kinetic art, windmills, windsocks and outdoor bells.
Applications to participate in the artisan marketplace, which will feature a limited number of vendors, are due April 13 to the Carson Valley Arts Council, 1572 Highway 395, Minden, NV 89423. Jury selection will be made by April 22. Applications and guidelines are also available online at http://www.cvartscouncil.com/.
For more information, call the event's sponsors — Carson Valley Arts Council at 775-782-8207 or Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park at 775-783-9417.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake