Dayton girl a state finalist in pageant
March 9, 2014
Makayla Mariah Horrocks, 16, has been chosen as a state finalist in the National American Miss Nevada pageant to be held July 11-12 at the JW Marriott Resort & Spa in Las Vegas.
The National American Miss pageants are held for girls ages 4-18 and have five age divisions. The winner will receive a $1,000 cash award, the official crown and banner, a bouquet of roses and air transportation to compete at the national pageant in California.
Horrocks is the daughter of Danny and Brandy Horrocks of Dayton. She will participate in the age 16-18 teen division.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City