Douglas Country Historical Society hosting lecture June 9 in Gardnerville
June 6, 2016
The Douglas County Historical Society is presenting an author, researcher and lecturer at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 9 at the Carson Valley Museum & Cultural Center, 1477 Highway 395 in Gardnerville.
Jack Harpster will present a PowerPoint presentation from his book, "Lumber Baron of the Comstock Lode: The Life and Times of Duane L. Bliss." The lecture will cover everything from Comstock Lode lumbering and railroading in the last half of the 19th century to the divorce and tourist trade during the first half of the 20th century. At the core of it all is Duane L. Bliss, one of the state's most important, innovative and successful businessmen. Harpster is bringing copies of his book to sale and sign. Doors open at 6 p.m. Admission is $3 and free for members. For more information, go to HistoricNV.org and click on the events tab, or call 775-782-2555.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel