Museum seeks volunteers for Nevada Day celebration in Carson City
October 12, 2017
The Nevada State Museum is seeking volunteers and history ambassadors for the Nevada Day celebration on Oct. 28.
Volunteers are needed between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and volunteers are being asked to work two-hour shifts.
Volunteers are needed to help with youth activities such as medallion rubbings, coloring pages and paper weaving; and to give directions, or to help ensure safety of the exhibits and displays.
Admission to the museum is free on Nevada Day and a larger-than-normal crowd is expected.
To volunteer or for information, contact Reece Wade at 775-687-4810, ext. 237, or email NSMEducation@nevadaculture.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- Gold Hill Hotel continues Comstock lecture series Thursday
- Nevada State Railroad Museum hosting annual Harvest Train
- Carson City Mona Lisa and Wine offering Mad Housewife Wine Wednesdays
- Museum seeks volunteers for Nevada Day celebration in Carson City
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office concerned with rising number of wrecks