Nonprofit Friends of Dangberg Home Ranch in Minden in need of volunteers
April 26, 2017
The Friends of Dangberg Home Ranch is seeking volunteers to help with events, guest services and gardening activities at the Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park.
The nonprofit manages the park and is working to improve operations, complete restoration projects and provide guest services. Its mission is to protect and share the resources of the park to promote understanding of Carson Valley's agricultural history, and to provide arts and cultural opportunities for the public. The organization's goals include becoming a premier museum destination and a first choice for quality events, such as concerts, chautauqua and storytelling.
There are several volunteer opportunities for the 2017 season: event staffing, including ticket taking and coordinating parking; park host, a position that interacts with day-to-day visitors; and help with maintaining the park's gardens and grounds. Time commitments are flexible.
Volunteer information meetings are planned from 1 to 2 p.m. May 7 and June 11 at the park, 1450 Highway 88, Minden.
To RSVP for a meeting or for information, call 775-783-9417, or email email@example.com. Information about the park and the Friends of Dangberg is at dangberghomeranch.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City