Nonprofit looking for families in Carson City area to host exchange students
June 8, 2017
ASSE International Student Exchange Programs is looking for families in the Carson City area to host foreign students ranging in age from 15 to 18.
The students are from a variety of countries including Norway, Denmark, Spain, Italy and Japan. They are enrolled in the program to experience American culture while they practice their English and also share their own culture and language with their host families. Host families are asked to welcome the students into their family, not as a guest, but as a family member, giving everyone involved a rich cultural experience.
The exchange students have money for personal expenses and health, accident and liability insurance. ASSE students are selected based on academics and personality, and host families can choose their student from a wide variety of backgrounds, countries and personal interests.
To become a host family or for information, call the nonprofit's western office at 1-800-733-2773, or go to http://www.host.asse.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- Gold Hill Hotel continues Comstock lecture series Thursday
- Nevada State Railroad Museum hosting annual Harvest Train
- Carson City Mona Lisa and Wine offering Mad Housewife Wine Wednesdays
- Museum seeks volunteers for Nevada Day celebration in Carson City
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office concerned with rising number of wrecks