Soroptimist International of Carson City to meet Wednesday
July 24, 2017
Soroptimist International of Carson City welcomes members of the community to its program lunch meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, July 26, in the Eagle Room at Glen Eagles.
The program includes an overview and history of the Girl Scout Gold Award, the organization's highest earned award, and will feature current and recently completed projects by girls in the community.
Reservations are required to attend, with an optional plated lunch available for $16. To reserve a seat, call 775-297-4890, or email http://firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soroptimist International is a global volunteer organization working to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. The Carson City club provides education and training scholarships for local women, grant funding for local organizations, school backpacks for at-risk children, and breast cancer screenings for under-insured women, through their September fundraising golf tournament, the Stroke to Help.
For information, go to http://www.sicarsoncity.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy