Tip-a-cop fundraiser in Carson City to help Special Olympics Nevada
April 24, 2017
Special Olympics Nevada will benefit from a fundraiser presented by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office on Thursday at Chili's.
The Tip-a-Cop fundraiser will donate 20 percent of proceeds made from 4 to 8 p.m. to the nonprofit that provides athletic opportunities to Nevadans with intellectual disabilities.
The event features law enforcement personnel volunteering as celebrity waiters, delivering food and drinks with their "tips" donated to the nonprofit.
Money raised will help provide local Special Olympics athletes with free year round sports training and competition opportunities in a variety of sports.
The restaurant is at 3784 Highway 395 S., Carson City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again