Volunteers sought to teach English in Carson City
June 19, 2017
United Latino Community in Carson City needs community volunteers to teach basic English to adults.
A free workshop for volunteers is planned from 5:15 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at United Latino Community, 1711 N. Roop St., at the corner of Roop Street and Beverly Drive.
Neither foreign language nor teaching experience are necessary. The nonprofit has a long waiting list of adults eager to learn English, but not enough volunteers to meet the demand.
Materials and training are provided to volunteers, who are asked to make a commitment of 1 1/2 to 2 hours per week.
For information, call Cathleen at 775-671-7455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- ‘All I could do was gasp for air’ – Tahoe woman tells of near drowning in Truckee
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- It’s going to be another Big, Bad weekend in Carson City
- Robert Freeman wins 50-miler at Carson City Off-Road; Lance Armstrong 4th
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office