Bella Fiore Wines continues to operate after clearing up license issue
May 15, 2013
Bella Fiore Wines continues with operations after a brief problem in April that cropped up over how to handle the liquor-management license.
The business is listed as Vino Fresco LLC and is run as Bella Fiore at 224 S. Carson St., Suite 8. Owner Reynoldo Ortiz wasn't approved for a license in early April due to an interpretation of records from California, and he said he'd have to shut down the business as a result.
However, this month Carson City's Board of Supervisors approved Mark A. Lopiccolo of Carson City and Lopiccolo Construction as the license holder. Lopiccolo has been the landlord of the Bella Fiore space.
"They are open," said Sheriff Ken Furlong, "and they've been doing fine." He said the smooth operation has enhanced his office's ability to oversee licensing without interruption of service at the wine bar. The outlet also handles package sales.
"When they succeed, we succeed," Furlong said of Bella Fiore, law enforcement and the business community. Bella Fiore, despite the Carson Street address, is on the northeast corner of Curry and Third streets about a half-block west of the Firkin & Fox.
Trending In: Business
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Minimum wage, labor issues would impact businesses
- 2017 United Soccer League season marks inaugural campaign for Reno 1868 FC,
- Carson City ranks as healthiest housing market in Nevada
- Owners of Lake Tahoe’s famed Cal Neva resort file for bankruptcy