Cannabis tech platform expands to Carson City
October 12, 2016
Baker is the leading customer engagement software company for marijuana dispensaries and edibles brands. On Oct. 1 it announced expansion into three new states, Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico. In Nevada, it's expanding into Las Vegas and Carson City. Specifically, in Carson City it's working with the Rise Carson City dispensary that opened in September.
Rise is using Baker's platform. Essentially, Baker's online shopping system allows Rise to embed a shoppable menu into its own website, creating an e-commerce destination. This data feeds into Baker's product alerts system to engage the right customers via SMS and email. The instore iPads are branded and customers can sign into the customer loyalty program, which also helps dispensaries get a better understand of purchase habits.
Baker chose to expand into Carson City, because like other markets, there was a need for dispensaries to retain and interact with customers.
The market expansion news comes just one month after Baker announced the close of a $1.6 million seed round to fund its expansion into new markets. Part of what Baker does is provide dispensaries with the ability to utilize key data and customer purchase habits to create brand loyalty.
“... we remain committed to providing dispensaries across North America the best and most innovative solutions to create a personalized shopping experience that keeps their customers coming back time and time again.”Joel MiltonCEO Baker
"Since we announced our seed funding last month, we've been working diligently to strategically expand, allowing dispensaries in a number of key markets to better engage customers and increase sales," said Joel Milton CEO of Baker in a press release. "Our rapid expansion has been a result of the team's hard work, and we remain committed to providing dispensaries across North America the best and most innovative solutions to create a personalized shopping experience that keeps their customers coming back time and time again."
Baker's platform is designed to build brand loyalty and enhance customer experience. The online shopping system lets dispensaries embed a shoppable menu into their own websites, turning these properties from static information sources into e-commerce destinations.
In addition to these new states, Baker has plans to continue expanding into new markets across the U.S. as well as grow its presence in Canada.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Beauty school to open in Carson City in May
- Owner of Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center says he just likes to build
- CBRE brokers largest Reno office transaction in a decade
- Holistic veterinarian practice opens in Carson City
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely
- After inspections, Carson City extended stay motels work to comply
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Nevada Guard’s first openly transgender soldier embraces new policy